Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Today's Weight - 234lbs

Last night I broke over big time. 

I had a very modest breakfast, a small 157cal bowl of oatmeal. Although I had fast-food for lunch, it was Taco Bell's Fresco style burritos, for a total of 700cal. A couple hours later I had a large 110cal red apple.

And then, I started to have one of my "crashes". I drank coffee, walked around, and did all the things I needed to in order to "stay awake", even  though all I wanted to do was crawl under the table and go to sleep. By the time Jim and I got home, I was ravenous. I started with a simple rye bread sandwich, then a banana. Not too bad. Well, then I ate ALL the hummus, the rest of the Melba toast, half the box of Wheat Thins, and two bowls of Rice Chex cereal in soy milk topped with sugar, all before 8pm. I ended yesterday at over 3500 calories.

I did manage to get on the treadmill, both in the morning and in the evening, walking roughly 3.5 miles and burning around 350 calories.

All that salt, fat and carbohydrates from yesterday had me feeling quite bloated. Although the walking and bath before bed did help, I still woke this morning retaining water and kind of "hung over". 

Oh, and I also discovered that I forgot to log the lunch meat in the last 3 days of sandwiches, so Saturday & Sunday's totals were under by about 200cal.

This has reminded me that measuring portions, putting way impulse foods, and resting is very important. I was also running on about 5 nights of too little sleep. These three simple things must be integrated into my healthy habit regimen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment