Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Renewed Goals - 100 till 140

Well, having weighed myself under personally induces duress, I found that I now weigh 239lbs. This means I've almost 100 lbs to loose to reach my goal weight of 140lbs.

So, using the Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) and Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) calculated in January 2010, I require approximately 1703 calories per day for my body to function properly, and a total of 2342 calories per day to maintain my current weight (239) and activity level. By limiting my food/drink to no more than 1800 calories per day, I would be running at a deficit of 500 calories. As it takes 3500 calories to make one lb, at the end of a week I should loose around 1 pound, and that's without exercise. If I want to loose 2 pounds, I need to burn at least 500 calories a day with exercise.

To loose 100 lbs in 1 year, since there are 52 weeks in a year, I need to loose around 2 pounds a week to reach my goal weight of 140lbs.

I'm at day 3 of this week already, so I'm crossing my fingers that a bit of water weight comes off by tomorrow morning ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment