Saturday, October 29, 2011

Juice Fast: Days 3 and 4

I woke up very weak on the third day of my Juice Fast, so, given I'm still dealing with Bronchitis, I figured that I needed to adjust my plan. I ate food.

I cooked up a delicious dish: sauteed onion & celery with extra firm tofu, topped with a bit of Jamaican Jerk sauce. It was a tad hotter than expected, so I followed it up with frosted mini-wheat cereal and soy milk.

After that, well, I had another bowl of cereal and soy milk, then 4 biscuits. Somehow, I managed to find room for dinner. I cooked up the last of our ground beef with onion, then cut up some lettuce, cilantro, & tomato. We lined each burrito with cream cheese, me with Tofuti brand imitation cream cheese, then topped them off with salsa. I had 1 1/2 burritos, and I was soooo full.

Then James decided to make Chocolate Pudding from scratch... omg... I had a small bowl, but I still don't know how I found room.

That night, I decided what was a more reasonable plan: do juice for breakfast, then possibly for lunch too. Shoot for one reasonable vegetable-heavy meal each day, and maybe one snack. Although, this is more of a caloric restrictive diet than a true "fast". But, sometimes plans need to change.

Today, I did pretty good. I made my juice, and then proceeded to make homemade chicken noodle soup with loads of veggies and a lean broth. It was sooo goood. I did eat 3 bowls, but that was my only meal, besides juice. I'm still very full. Oh, and for desert, I ate two "fun sized" snickers bars, the little ones you give out on Halloween.

Reasonable goals that lead to building healthy habits. This is the way to go.

I do have to say, though, the juice does good things to my "belly". I feel better for doing it. My problem is that, well, I'm still not well. This stupid Bronchitis is hard to beat. So, adequate calories, protein, and nutrient-dense juice seems a smart choice. Once I feel strong enough, I may revisit the "fasting". Till then, I'm just calling it a "juice diet".

No comments:

Post a Comment