Wednesday, October 26, 2011

First Juice Batch is "Burly"

So I played with the Mean Green recipe and made my first batch. Here's what I put in it:

- 1 bunch of Kale
- 2-3 Mustard Green leaves
- 1/2 head of Leaf Lettuce
- 1 large Carrot
- 1 whole Lemon
- 2 thumb-sized pieces of Ginger
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Granny Smith Apple (small)
- 1 Yellow Delicious Apple (small)
- 5 stalks of Celery
- 1 handful of Baby Carrots and a couple florets of Broccoli (leftovers in the fridge)

It ended up making around 50oz of juice. It could have used more apple for sweetness. I guess the extra bite from the Mustard Greens kinda overshadowed the apples. But, I've drank about 16oz so far, and will drink the rest tonight.

James the roommate tried it, and said "Whew! This is burly." He advised at least 2 more apples next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment