Friday, March 5, 2010

7 - 8 Miles Walked Yesterday! Whoo Hoo :)





Yesterday was Great Weather and non-stop walking for me. I got up, cleaned the kitchen, bleached the sink, cleaned the bathroom, bleached the tub, mat and shower curtain, and cleaned the sink, did some laundry, etc.


Then, I walked from home to the Pita Pit to meet Jim for lunch (1400 block of 4th ave), then walked to Jeff's bike shop at 8th St and 6th Ave, then to Faith in Action at 9th Ave and 8th St, then to the Barnett Center to help set-up, manage, and clean-up after the Boy Scouts, then Jenn drove me home by 6:10pm, then I was back out the door by 6:35 to walk over to the Jr. League building (617 9th Ave) for the Southside Neighborhood meeting that Casey said I needed to go to, then I walked home again.



Using Google Earth and some ballpark estimates I calculated the following:
Walking the dog around the block = 0.39 miles
Walking around the house cleaning and doing laundry = at least 0.25 miles
The walking from home to everywhere then to the Barnett Center = 4.60 Miles
Walking around the Barnett Center helping set-up, manage the kids, and then clean-up = at least 0.5 miles
The walking from home to the Jr. League building and back = 2.3 Miles

TOTAL = 7 to 8 Miles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment