Monday, January 18, 2010

TDEE - Total Daily Energy Expenditure

Now, to find my Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE), in other words the number of calories I would need for my body to function normally (BMR) and for me to burn doing my normal daily tasks, like go to the store, clean the dishes, do laundry, work, etc.

Here are the TDEE calculations based on estimated daily activity:


  • Sedentary = BMR X 1.2 (little or no exercise, desk job)
  • Lightly active = BMR X 1.375 (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk)
  • Mod. active = BMR X 1.55 (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk)
  • Very active = BMR X 1.725 (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk)
  • Extr. active = BMR X 1.9 (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.)
 I would say that my TDEE could be described as Lightly Active. Since in my last post we found that my BMR is 1703 calories, the calculation would be as follows:
1703 X 1.375 = 2342 calories

So my TDEE is 2342 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment